EAA Chapter 431 is pleased to announce a weekend AeroElectric Connection seminar by Bob Nuckolls, April 13-14, 2013, which will cover design, fabrication, troubleshooting and maintenance of homebuilt aircraft electrical systems. The AeroElectric Connection seminars are conducted by Mr. Bob Nuckolls, engineer, teacher, author and publisher of Electrical Systems Information Texts for Amateur Airplane Builders.
The seminar will be held in the Chapter 431 building at Brodhead Airport (C37) and attendees will be provided lunch and refreshments.
The fee for the weekend seminar is $150 per person. EAA Chapter 431 has underwritten $35 of the normal $185 seminar fee as an incentive to homebuilders.
Download a printable flyer (PDF) for the seminar HERE.
Schedule For Saturday, April 13:
8:00 – 8:30 Registration
8:30 – 11:30 morning session:
- Parts Selection – “What’s all this ‘aircraft quality’ Stuff Anyhow?”
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis – Confidence by Design
- DC Power Fundamentals – Understanding “the Force”
- Engine Driven Power Sources
- Voltage Regulators
- Over Voltage Protection
- Electrical System Instrumentation
11:30 – 12:30 Break for lunch
12:30-5:00 Afternoon Session
- Wire Selection and Installation
- Wire Termination and Connectors
- Circuit Protection
- Switches Relays and Contactors
- Lighting and Lighting Controls
- Antennas and Feedlines (including antenna analyzer demonstration)
- Engine Instrumentation
Saturday evening there may be a social event.
Schedule for Sunday
8:00-12:00 morning session:
- Noise – Antagonist, propagation paths and victims
- Tools, Wiring Techniques and Parts Selection Philosophy
- Hands-on demonstrations of useful crimp tools and soldering techniques.
For those traveling, here are area lodging links. Camping is also available on the airport.